Monday, February 1, 2016

Funeral Held For Rider Who Deletes Instagram



YOUNGSTOWN, OH- Last week friends and fellow scooter riders gathered to remember Chris Harrington, 16, of Youngstown Ohio, who recently deleted his Instagram account. His friends remember him as a young up and coming rider, who would always take extra care in taking pictures of his scooter parts for his IG account, and had the "dopest" Instavids.

We managed to speak to Chris about this, and he was kind enough to shed some light on it.
"I just wasn't feeling Instagram anymore. I was so sick of whoring myself out for followers and spending the first 45 minutes at a spot trying to take a good picture of it. I was on my phone the other day and saw a "#SMX" on a video and I was like 'This is it, this is the worst thing in the entire world', and that was basically the final straw, and I deleted my account. I don't get why everybody's making such a big deal out of it, it's like I died or something."

While the teen is seems to be in perfectly good health and still rides frequently, it is sad to see a young rider go so soon.  It's nice that he wants to ride for his own enjoyment, but Harrington is missing out on what's most important, without his Intagram he'll never be able to get 2k subscribers, and certainly never reach the nirvana of the scootering world, Sponsorship.

Friends might pass his name around from time to time, reminiscing on the time Jeremy Beau (@jeremybeau) liked his photo, but it seems without his IG account, Harrington will cease to exist.

1 comment: